PE and Sport Premium
In March 2013, the government announced that it was to provide additional funding of £150 million to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England – The Primary PE and Sport Premium. In July 2017, this funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – was doubled, to allow ‘schools with 17 or more eligible pupils to receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil’. The Primary PE and Sport Premium funding is ring-fenced, therefore can only be spent on provision and improvement of PE and Sport in school.
As part of our PE and Sport Premium, we work with the Carre’s Grammar School Outreach program, who provide a coach one morning a week, to work with the children and teachers in an aim to increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
As part of the CGS Outreach buy-in, and as a member of the Lincolnshire Central School Sport Partnership, we use the opportunities available to take part in a wide range of intra-school and inter-school competitions.
In order to comply with the Government regulations of the PE and Sport premium funding, every primary school must publish the following information on their website every academic year:
- The amount of premium received
- A full breakdown of how it has been spent (or will be spent)
- The impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment
- How the improvements will be sustainable in the future
- For the 2017 to 2018 academic year, there is a new condition requiring schools to publish how many pupils within their year 6 cohort are meeting the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situation
Our documents are in PDF format, unless otherwise stated. If you are unable to open them then you can download a free PDF reader from Adobe.